Sunday 23 May 2010

BKSA Round 1: Redcar



The first leg of the BKSA tour returned to my local beach this weekend, and despite the poor forecast, decided to enter given that we've had some good sea breezes on recent sunny days.

Unfortunately my optimism proved to be misplaced, and there wasn't enough consistent wind to run all the competitions, but they did manage to get the land events, the course racing and the women's pro freestyle all complete.

Despite this, I did get some time on the water and put line extensions on my 15m Chrono to give me that little extra edge in the marginal conditions, above is a pic. taken by local photographer
Colin Falcon.

Despite the poor wind, it was a good weekend overall, got to mix with some very good riders, sink a few beers, and top up on the tan. Hoping for a good forecast for the next event in several weeks time: Hunstanton.

10 comments:

  1. wow, great pic!
    any more?
    i cant remember what my gear looks like anymore? or even where i put it last!!

    may have to call in sick on wednesday (cough, cough) coz there is wind at littlehampton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its been a pretty poor spring wind-wise. I still know what my gear looks like, as I'm well accustomed to it sitting next to me on the beach, while we wait for wind :)
    I've had the 15 chrono out a lot, the 11 a couple of times, and the 7 has cobwebs on it :)

    Unfortunately that was the only decent pic, with the wind being so sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added another pic, Cheers Colin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the photographer local pete ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, seen him on the beach a few times now. Not sure where he's from precisely, but deffo around the tees area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have his email btw, and he seems keen to do some more some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi guys I'm the photographer that took the pics of Pete, and yes, I do live in Redcar. Some of my more recent kite surfing shots are here if your interested.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/29534358@N03/sets/72157623728108169/

    Apologies for the strange Google ID, I forgot I had the display name "warick hunt"

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey colin

    just had a look on your flickr and there is some great shots.
    What lens you using for the kiting ones? 70-300 ?

    I live just outside of hartlepool and kite at redcar quite a bit so will probably bump into you at some point.

    jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi jamie

    I use my 55-250 IS on either my 30D or 50D for the kiting shots

    ReplyDelete